John R. Houk
© April 18, 2017
Have you heard of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation? If you live in California, you probably have heard of SVCF. Adding California and SVCF, it is not difficult to pigeon-hole a wide Leftist influence. Here are some excerpts from the SCVF About Us page:
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Since SVCF formed in 2007, we’ve become the largest community foundation in the world, with more than $8 billion in assets under management.
We partner with families, individuals and corporations to manage and facilitate their philanthropy. We connect donors’ interests to the most pressing needs, whether in Silicon Valley or around the globe. As a comprehensive center for philanthropy, SVCF shapes critical public policy issues, partners with nonprofit groups and institutions advancing the best ideas and directs resources swiftly and strategically toward unforeseen needs.
We play an exciting role in addressing the social, economic, and environmental challenges of our communities. SVCF provides leadership, expertise and capital to help address social issues in our region. We also serve as a resource for nonprofit, civic, government and philanthropic organizations. There are four primary ways in which we contribute:
- Commission research: We commission research to identify emerging issues, monitor trends and provide analysis. To read about research we have recently commissioned, visit the publications page.
- Conduct public discussions: We bring people together to engage in discussion and problem solving. These events often stimulate new insights while encouraging diverse perspectives. Check our calendar for information on upcoming events and discussions.
- Advocate: We take principled positions on critical issues and advocate policy outcomes. To learn more about policy, visit the publications page.
- Create initiatives: We often launch initiatives and special projects, partnering with other foundations, corporations, nonprofits, donors and government agencies to work on specific topics or issues. Visit our Initiatives page for more information.
… You can READ THE REST
“Transform” means change America’s traditional Christian moral stance, change American attitudes toward alternative lifestyles, change the Rule of Law from an Originalist Constitution to a Living Constitution, change American self-reliance to Big Government reliance, change the American Market Economy into a State Managed Economy AND probably more American changes I can’t think of off the top of my head.
I have learned via Change.org that SVCF has hopped on board of the Leftist agenda to promote counter-Christian religions to dilute and eventually eradicate Christianity’s traditional influence on America. In this case that religion is Islam.
As a part of the SVCF community enhancement, the foundation has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to American radical Islamic organizations that have been caught at least by association to have been supportive of Islamic terrorism abroad.
This is fundamentally WRONG to be an American and yet be supportive of religious entities that seek the destruction of the American way of life.
Unlike this petition that distinguishes between Islam & Islamism and according to my readings of the Quran, Hadith and Sunna; Islam is a theopolitical supremacist religion that stands against everything America stands. That is the reason I signed the petition.
Below is the full text of the petition on Change.org. Perhaps if you have not been convinced to sign as yet, reading the petition will encourage you.
Interesting Links I discovered looking at SVCV:
- Saul Alinsky and the Rise of Amorality in American Politics; D. L. Adams; New English Review; 1/2010
- OBAMA FUNDS LEFT-WING HIT SQUAD WITH YOUR TAX DOLLARS; Matthew Vadum; WND; 3/29/15 2:28 PM
The Silicon Valley Community Foundation Must Stop Funding Islamist Hate Groups
Petition from Middle East Forum
In 2008-15, the Silicon Valley Community Foundation (SVCF) provided eight donations totaling $330,524 to two extremist organizations. The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) received five donations totaling $132,933. Islamic Relief received three donations totaling $197,591.
We differentiate between Islam and Islamism. American Muslims are an important part of our country; but Islamists pursue an extreme political ideology with no real mandate from ordinary Muslims.
Islamists such as those running CAIR and Islamic Relief encourage hatred against women, Jews, Christians, the LGBTQ community, and Muslims belonging to minority sects. Islamists radicalize Muslims in the United States and fund jihadi violence abroad.
CAIR and Islamic Relief duplicitously employ liberal rhetoric in their pursuit of illiberal ideas, sometimes successfully duping politicians, journalists, academics, and philanthropists.
The Middle East Forum and its allies oppose all funding of Islamist organizations because this money both legitimizes Islamists as the voice of America’s Muslims and betrays those moderate Muslims working to free their faith from the grip of hatred and extremism.
SVCF is the largest community foundation in the United States. With over 8 billion dollars in assets under management, it is the go-to charitable organization for some of America’s wealthiest philanthropists. Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook, made a $500 million dollar donation to the foundation in 2013. America’s largest community foundation and its philanthropic partners should not support organizations that promulgate extremism both here and abroad.
We the undersigned call upon the SVCF to immediately stop all funding of extremist groups, including CAIR and Islamic Relief.
Appendix 1: What Are CAIR and Islamic Relief?
CAIR was named as an un-indicted co-conspirator in the 2008 Holy Land Foundation terrorism financing trial. The FBI has banned outreach with CAIR since 2008. In 2014, the United Arab Emirates, a pious Muslim country, designated CAIR a terrorist organization. The Anti-Defamation League accuses CAIR of promoting anti-Jewish sentiment. Six CAIR leaders have been arrested, convicted, or deported for terrorism-related crimes: Randall (“Ismail”) Royer, Ghassan Elashi, Bassem Khafagi, Rabih Haddad, Nabil Sadoun, and Muthanna Al-Hanooti.
Islamic Relief is the largest Islamic charity in America and the Western world, reporting an income of about $110 million in 2014. But it is a designated terrorist entity in Israel and the UAE. Banks such as UBS and HSBC have closed Islamic Relief bank accounts over concerns about terrorism financing.
Appendix 2: Examples of CAIR and Islamic Relief Hate Speakers
Siraj Wahhaj is a former member of CAIR’s advisory board and one of CAIR’s most regular speakers.
- LGTBQ:“I don’t believe any of you are homosexual. This is a disease of this society. … you know what the punishment is, if a man is found with another man? The Prophet Mohammad said the one who does it and the one to whom it is done to, kill them both.”
- Infidels: “Woe to the Muslims who pick kafirs [a derogatory Arabic word meaning non-Muslims] for friends. … Take not into your intimacy those outside of your race. They will not fail to corrupt you. Don’t you know our children are surrounded by kafirs. I’m telling you, making the hearts of our children corrupt, dirty, foul.”
Hussain Kamani is a Deobandi preacher who has spoken at multiple Islamic Relief events.
- Sex slavery and adultery: Kamani explains that Muslim men may fulfill any sexual desires “with a female slave that belongs to him.” Those who commit adultery or have sex outside of marriage, he asserts, must be “stoned to death.” When Muslim husbands are learning to “train their wives,” beating them is allowed as a “last measure.”
- Non-consensual sex: Detailed notes published by Jangda’s students indicate that he defends the use of female sex slaves and justifies marital rape: “The thing to understand is that the husband has his set of divinely given rights one of which is the right to have his physical desires satisfied.”
- Death penalty:He advocates the killing of apostates and adulterers.
- Honor killings: “Sisters … you know what happens with a really jealous Dad? He kills you and he kills the guy. You are offending Allah … whenever you make yourself promiscuous or you open yourself up to a relationship.”
- Homosexuality:“When Allah describes homosexuality as a repugnant shameless sin and details his punishment of a people that practiced sodomy, how can anyone who believes in Allah not find it immoral? … If as Muslims we don’t take a clear stance on this, we will be forced to conform and watch this disease destroy our children.”
Muzammil Siddiqi is chairman of the Fiqh Council of North America and the religious director at the Islamic Society of Orange County. He works closely with CAIR and often speaks at its events.
- Homosexuality: He publicly supports the death penalty for homosexuals.
Hassan Shibly is a CAIR staffer, the head of its Florida office.
- Homosexuality: He expresses hatred for the LGBT community, as in this tweet where he says homosexuality is a quick way “to earn God’s wrath.”
- Homosexuality: Its spread is a sign of the “End Times.”
- Marital violence: Men have the right to beat their wives.
This petition will be delivered to:
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- Emmett Carson
- Samuel Johnson
- Dan’l Lewin
- David P. Lopez
- Erik Dryburgh
Leftist Tech NGO Donates to Islamists
John R. Houk
© April 18, 2017
The Silicon Valley Community Foundation Must Stop Funding Islamist Hate Groups
Middle East Forum homepage
About The Middle East Forum
With roots going back to 1990, the Middle East Forum has been an independent tax-exempt 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization based in Philadelphia since 1994.
The Middle East Forum promotes American interests in the Middle East and protects Western values from Middle Eastern threats.
The Forum sees the region — with its profusion of dictatorships, radical ideologies, existential conflicts, border disagreements, corruption, political violence, and weapons of mass destruction — as a major source of problems for the United States. Accordingly, we urge bold measures to protect Americans and their allies.
In the Middle East, we focus on ways to defeat radical Islam; work for Palestinian acceptance of Israel; develop strategies to contain Iran; and deal with the great advances of anarchy.
At home, the Forum emphasizes the danger of lawful Islamism; protects the freedoms of anti-Islamist authors, activists, and publishers; and works to improve Middle East studies.
The Middle East Forum realizes its goals through … READ THE REST