John R. Houk
© October 23, 2012
A short time ago Tennessee passed an American Laws for American Courts (ALAC) into law. In essence an ALAC law means foreign laws cannot be used as precedent for case law in an American Court. To be clear the Federal Government via the Legislative and Executive Branches have not passed nor signed such a law; however many individual States have done so.
Despite the voters of Tennessee passing an ALAC law Governor Bill Haslam (incredibly a Republican) has seen to it that aspects of Sharia to be incorporated into Tennessee law by hooking up with the State centered NGO American Muslim Advisory Council (AMAC) and hiring Samar Ali as International Director of a TN State Office known as Economic Community and Development (ECD).
As cooperative as the name AMAC might imply that organization is connected to Radical Islamic elements in Tennessee and Samar Ali (known for Sharia Compliant Finance – SCF) was a former member of the Obama Administration and the nature of her financial expertise to the Unconstitutional aspects of the U.S. Constitution. Governor Haslam’s misguided affinity to schmooze Muslim voters by advocating for Sharia is definitely against the will of Tennesseans. The Tennessee ALAC law passed in 2010 makes it clear that aspects of Sharia that are Unconstitutional and yet Governor Haslam pushes an Islamic agenda that gratifies Radical Muslims in Tennessee.
Below is some information from a PDF document that I think was sent to me by Justin O. Smith. A lot of the information is confirmed in the source links above. I have to admit I pushed a lot of emails on the back burner looking at others instead. After reexamining the email I do feel compelled to highlight how Islam creeps and infiltrates into America. This Tennessee case is merely one example.
You can copy and paste the Resolution on the very bottom and email or mail to Governor Haslam your displeasure about allowing Sharia to creep into Tennessee which is also a toe in the door to the USA.
Office of Governor Bill Haslam
1st Floor, State Capitol
Nashville, TN 37243
Primary (615) 741-2001
Tennessee Sharia Primer
Posted by Gibson Party Patriots
It is our understanding that your county GOP Executive Committee is considering the attached resolution that was drafted in response to recent actions by Governor Haslam, actions, which have affirmatively laid the groundwork and set Tennessee on a course for the insinuation of and submission to political Sharia law in our state.
We remain committed to objectively examining only source – documented facts that support the above characterization of the Governor’s actions. Facts are the key and all facts have context. When the pertinent facts are considered in the context of the following timeline, it is both logical and rational that the county GOPs should hold the Governor accountable for his actions and intended outcomes.
2011 Legislative session – anti-terrorism bill introduced based on the Carlos Bledsoe case (Memphis man who shot and killed Pvt. Andrew Long at the Little Rock Army recruiting center.)
June, 2011 – photograph (attached) emerges confirming that the Muslim Rapid Response Team (MMRT, which morphed into the TN American Muslim Advisory Council) had been working behind the scenes during the legislative session with TN Department of Homeland Security (TN DHS) Regional Advisor, James Cotter. The MMRT was the group that formed to lobby against the anti-terrorism bill.
November 2011 – Commissioner Bill Gibbons (TN Department of Safety and Homeland Security), sends congratulatory letter (attached) to the TN American Muslim Advisory Council (AMAC) members 1 for organizing, along with establishing a partnership with TN DHS, both of which had been approved by the Governor.
December 2011: When asked whether Governor Haslam had appointed a Muslim advisory board, Tennessee GOP Chairman Chris DeVaney responds that he had “checked into this and apparently there is no truth to it. It must be some kind of rumor.”
December 2011 – AMAC partners with the TN DHS to do first law enforcement training in Paris Landing. (www.amactn.com – see section on testimonials)
2012 legislative session – Commissioner Gibbons testifies in support of an administration bill permitting the TN DHS to enter into partnership agreements with private non-profit organizations like the AMAC.
February 2012 – AMAC partners again with TN DHS for law enforcement training; TN DHS refuses to disclose any information about the AMAC. (http://pjmedia.com/blog/secrecy-surrounds-upcoming-terrorism-conference/)
May 2012 – Governor vetoes bill that would have protected Christian student organizations at Vanderbilt and state universities.
May 2012 – Governor approves appointment of Sharia Compliant Finance specialist Samar Ali (see footnote #2), as ECD International Director.
May 2012 – AMAC trains TN Dept. of Children’s Services. (picture attached)
If these facts are not enough to convince you that Tennessee is headed in the wrong direction, you can read even more background at the TN Council 4 Political Justice blog,
To date; we are not aware that the Governor’s office has in any way addressed the issues related to the AMAC and its partnership with the TNDHS, but has elected instead, to focus on Ms. Ali’s appointment presumably because her accomplished resume is easier to defend. Ironically though, her professional expertise in Sharia Compliant Finance, was never mentioned in any statement, written or verbal, from the Governor’s office. This, despite the fact that every other high profile source where Ms. Ali is mentioned, including her White House bio, the Global Islamic Finance Magazine, the press release from the Hogan Lovell’s law firm and the conference booklets from the 5th and 6th World Islamic Economic Forums, highlight her expertise in this field.2
Points to understand about the proposed resolution:
It is also important to recognize that Sharia is both religious and political.3 As to religious Sharia, we offer no comment. It is political Sharia’s implications for and demands upon non-Muslims, which generate the concerns expressed herein. For example, consider the demand to stop work in the factory so that Muslims can pray. The prayer is religious; the demand to shut down the factory is political.
– The resolution is NOT about Muslims or religion; it is about political Sharia, Islamic laws that concern us. This is not about religion, but about the promotion of political Sharia.
– The resolution is NOT about any individual or about Samar Ali. The response would have been the same if the new ECD appointee were named Bob Smith; it is about the ideology their work promotes.
– The resolution IS about Governor Haslam’s elevating the status of political Sharia by institutionalizing the TN American Muslim Advisory Council as a non-governmental partner with the various Departments within the Tennessee government including the TN Department of Homeland Security and the TN Department of Children’s Services.
– The resolution IS about Governor Haslam’s choice to further advance a toehold for Sharia in Tennessee by appointing an internationally recognized expert in Sharia Compliant Finance to be the International Director for ECD.
– The resolution IS based on and cites objective, original source documentation written by authoritative Islamic Sharia scholars; all information and citations can be verified.
The Governor, on Channel 5 News, has de facto introduced political Sharia into Tennessee by adopting the religious freedom narrative. Except, this is not the same freedom of religion that he vetoed for the Christian organizations on the Vanderbilt campus. Rather; it is the Governor’s institutionalization of the AMAC and its partnership with the TN DHS, along with approving a Sharia finance specialist, that have laid the groundwork for political Sharia in our state.
These are examples of political Sharia in the West:
1. Danish Muslim apostate and Christian convert harassed and persecuted by Muslims has to leave his neighborhood. http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2012/01/no-christians-wanted-in-vollsmose.html#more
2. Spanish imam called on Muslims to “discipline’ the errant behavior of their spouses by acts of physical and psychological violence.” http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/03/06/199023.html
3. Polygamous Muslim men with multiple wives exploit the UK welfare system. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2041244/Polygamy-Investigation-Muslim-men-exploit-UK-benefits-system.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
4. Forced marriages to minors in the UK becoming a problem. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17534262
5. New Jersey Judge says Muslim wife canït refuse her husband sex and can do what he wants to her. http://www.volokh.com/2010/07/23/cultural-defense-accepted-as-to-nonconsensual-sex-in-new-jersey-trial-court-rejected-on-appeal
6. Sharia finance is being done by many financial institutions, such as AIG http://www.thomasmore.org/news/sharia-law-gains-foothold-us-federal-judge-upholds-government-funding-islam
7. Only Muslims are allowed to speak on Islam. This is the Haslam approach of only allowing AMAC to speak officially about Islam.
8. Those who leave Islam may be killed. Leaving Islam, Ibn Warraq, Prometheus Books, 2003, pgs. 25, 33. http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/general-discussions/apostate-killed-tunisia-beware-graphic-4949
9. Honor killing is under reported. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57409395-504083/honor-killing-under-growing-scrutiny-in-the-u.s/
10. Those who criticize Islam may be murdered, think Mohammed cartoons.
11. Universities and Airports are adding foot baths at taxpayer
12. Grocery stores set up separate check-out lines for orders containing pork and
13. States are forced into changing prison menus to accomodate muslim inmates. http://godfatherpolitics.com/4820/islam-is-state-religion-of-ohio-prison-system/
14. DOJ official, Tom Perez, refuses to affirm 1st Amendment rights, wants Islamic Blasphemy law. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHU9ou4r5gU
By virtue of his approval of the AMAC, Governor Haslam has taken the position that non-Muslims cannot be heard on the issue of political Sharia and along with the ECD appointment Governor Haslam has instituted #7 and #6 from the above list.
Regardless of Governor Haslam’s intentions in elevating the status of Political Sharia in Tennessee; he has failed to recognize the implications of having opened this barn door. Whether due to political correctness, failure to conduct due diligence or even sheer naiveté, Governor Haslam must be held accountable for his decisions and the direction in which he is leading this state.
The attached resolution is premised on the very Constitutional principles that Governor Haslam has sworn to uphold. If at this point in time he does not understand that his actions (as described in both the resolution and explained more fully in this Primer), ultimately put our liberties in jeopardy, then the resolution will serve as a starting point for his education. Governor Haslam welcomed the support of the county GOPs when it was time to get elected; we hope he will receive the resolution’s message; which is offered in the spirit of helping the Governor to avoid even more serious missteps.
American Muslim Advisory Council TN
Gibbons to Haslam Congrats Validating Radical Muslim AMAC
1 Four of the AMAC members also make up the governing board of the American Center for Outreach (ACO), (http://acotn.org) whose Director lobbies the TN General Assembly and one AMAC member serves as a Fellow of the ACO. The same Director was the individual that organized the MRRT.
2 (you will need to copy each web address and paste into your browser to view)
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/white-house-appoints-2010-2011-class-white-house-fellows; http://www.hoganlovells.com/newsmedia/detail.aspx?news=1626; http://www.mcb.org.uk/wief/Documents/5WIEF%20Brochure.pdf (pg. 64); http://www.mcb.org.uk/wief/Documents/6WIEF Brochure.pdf (pg. 70); http://ghulamashraf.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/white-house-welcomes-Sharia-finance-specialist/ -reprints the article from the Global Islamic Finance Magazine
3 The AMAC is a perfect example of this duality. For example, their website lists all mosques in Tennessee and they issue press releases demanding the right to vet all information provided in any training for law enforcement (even if provided by private groups at no cost), and members representing AMAC speak to the media to comment on legislation.
Attachments and Resolution (for Tennessean Voters)
A RESOLUTION to express opposition to Governor Haslam’s approval of and partnering with the TN American Muslim Advisory Council and the introduction of Sharia Finance into the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development
WHEREAS; Islam’s doctrine promotes Islam as a complete way of life; and
WHEREAS, Islamic law (All references are from The Reliance of the Traveller, TRT, a Sharia summary text.) is both “religious Sharia” law (e.g., TRT, pg. 101) and “political Sharia” law (e.g,, criminal law; TRT; pg. 578); and
WHEREAS; one of Islam’s stated goals HTRT, pg. 602) is to impose political Sharia law around the world including the United States; and
WHEREAS, non-Muslims constitute a separate political class (Sharia has different rules for different classes of people, e. g. TRT, pg. 607) and political Sharia law dictates any and all rights of the non-Muslim; and
WHEREAS, those Sharia laws that impact the non-Muslim are “political Sharia law”, and
WHEREAS; advancing political Sharia law in the United States under the First Amendment’s protection for the free exercise of religion will ultimately result in the denial or abridgement of many rights to non-Muslims including their First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and freedom of the press; and
WHEREAS, Sharia Finance gives effect to and promotes political Sharia law; and
WHEREAS; the profits from Sharia Finance transactions must be put into “zakat” (charity tax, TRT, pg. 246) and the charity money may not go to non-Muslims (TRT, pg. 274); and
WHEREAS; in the same verse the Koran dictates that the zakat is to be used for “fighting in Allah’s cause” – jihad – and increasing the power of Sharia; and
WHEREAS, the successful prosecution in U.S. Federal Court of the Islamic Charity, The Holy Land Foundation, revealed the use of “zakat” for jihad in funneling over $12 million to Hamas and other terrorist organizations.
WHEREAS, Governor Haslam has appointed a Sharia Finance specialist to oversee the Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development’s TNTrade program which is the program designed to increase Tennessee’s exports and the Governor has approved the formation of the American Muslim Advisory Council; and
WHEREAS, Governor Haslam has worked to elevate and afford preferential political status to Sharia adherents in Tennessee thereby abetting the advancement in Tennessee of an ideology that stands at odds with the U.S. and Tennessee Constitutions; now, therefore,
BE IT RESOLVED that I/we stand in opposition to Governor Haslam’s formation of the Tennessee American Muslim Advisory Council and his decree of Tennessee’s use of Sharia finance (which is part of political Sharia} as acceptable under our U.S. and Tennessee constitutions.
Signature Title Date
Here’s an Example USA – Creeping Sharia in Tennessee
John R. Houk
© October 23, 2012
Tennessee Sharia Primer