John R. Houk
© May 1, 2012
My son Adam is an absolutist when it comes to voting. He wants a candidate that meets the values of Conservatives and Biblical Morality. If the person fails that litmus test he is not worth voting for.
Now here is the difficulty Conservatives like me run into with that litmus test. The opposing candidate in Barack Hussein Obama is openly pro-homosexual activism, pro-Moral Relativity, pro-abortion, anti-Israel, pro-Palestinian State, pro-Socialism; anti-Christian and many other disagreeable pros and antis that drive me crazy. President Barack Hussein Obama is a disastrous President for the future of America in the realm of Biblical Values, Free Market Capitalism and Constitutional Liberty.
It is quite evident that Mitt Romney is going to be the GOP Nominee for President for 2012. The social values of Romney are questionable as evidenced by not actively fighting against homosexual activism and against abortion while he was Governor of Massachusetts. The institution of Romneycare places a dent in his Conservative ethics.
During the Primary stage of Romney’s campaign he went out of his way to assuage Conservatives about these huge question marks. It is apparent now that some true colors of Romney are being displayed by hiring homosexual activist Richard Grenell as a Foreign Policy and National Security advisor.
It is idiot moves like this that are going to keep away Conservative Republicans away from the polls on Election Day 11/6/12. In such a scenario the horror of reelecting Barack Hussein Obama looms.
My son Adam is so disaffected by having Romney give a nod to the homosexual lifestyle by hiring Grenell that he believes Conservative Family/Biblical Values should utilize the power of a Write-in Candidate. This would result in the same horror as Conservatives not going to the polls – Obama gets elected.
Frankly I am so teed off over Romney’s total disregard for Family/Biblical Values Conservatives I am tempted to join my son and write in a Candidate who undoubtedly may or may not be actively running. I am guessing from past emails my son would advocate abandoning the Republican Party and begin looking at the very small Conservative Party which posits all the Conservative principles from fiscal responsibility, to limited government, tax reform, Family/Biblical Values and so on.
At this point I was going to display what the Conservative Party stands for. Then I discovered that there are two Conservative Parties vying to replace the GOP. I am going to lead off with the Conservative Party USA and then follow up with the American Conservative Party.
About The Conservative Party USA
The Conservative Party USA will rectify the consistent failures and corruption of the current two-party system. CP-USA will impose fiscal discipline, restrain the reach of the federal government as outlined in the Constitution and defend America’s traditional family values.
The American two-party system is broken. It has become a system of elite political insiders who only serve the special interest groups that help keep them in control. Some elites call themselves “Democrats” while others call themselves “Republicans”.
The elite of the two major parties continue to fail America based on our spiraling national debt, trillion-dollar annual budget deficits, off-budget Earmarks, escalating illegal immigration, weakening Dollar and loss of traditional American values. They are stealing America’s future because they are only dedicated to getting re-elected.
The Conservative Party USA is emerging as America’s real “Second Party” because true conservatives, Independents and Tea Party activists will soon relegate the GOP into political irrelevance. Republi-Dems are two sides of the same losing coin.
The Tea Party is mainly united by fiscal conservatism; the desire to get Congress to follow the Constitution and spend the people’s money wisely. However, the Tea Party is not united by a socially conservative agenda because its membership consists of a broad spectrum of political views.
Who will address important social issues consistent with traditional American values beyond the fiscal and monetary problems facing America today?
Critical moral, social and Constitutional issues must also be considered. These include: Illegal Immigration; Welfare; Gay Marriage; Gays serving openly in the Military; Abortion; Religious Freedom; Saving American Jobs; The War on Drugs; Maintaining a strong Military; Affirming States’ Rights; Clarifying the 14thAmendment on “Anchor Babies”; Stopping the Discrimination of Affirmative Action, to name a few.
America will not survive if it abandons its traditional values for the sake of solving only fiscal problems… we assert that both traditional values and fiscal solutions are equally important.
What happens to the Tea Party and like-minded groups beyond budget and fiscal issues?
The Conservative Party USA is the next evolutionary step of the Tea Party because it combines fiscal restraint with traditional American values that are outlined in a clear Platform and is managed by a strong leadership team that has a unified, long-term vision for America.
Conservative Party USA is the answer to those critical questions and Project Mayberry® is the key!
American Conservative Party
Last Updated on Tuesday, 16 August 2011 18:15
The ACP Creed
· Unalienable rights to life and liberty are given to us by our Creator; these rights exist separate from, and are superior to, government.
· Individuals are responsible for securing the blessings of liberty through the exercise of their rights.
· The individual is sovereign over one’s person; their labors constitute a foundation for private property that is not subject to the demands of others.
· Governments are formed by the will of the people to secure and defend human liberty.
· Law exists to support liberty and mediate disputes where conduct of one infringes upon the rights of another.
· The armed forces and law enforcement exist to bolster private defense, not supplant it.
· The American Experiment was born out of these beliefs and it has resulted in a bountiful gain for the human condition.
From this Foundation, all principles flow:
The individual is sovereign
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just limited powers from the consent of the governed
“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity do ordain and establish the Constitution for the United States of America.” What does this mean? Simply put, that the formation of a legitimate government can only occur when the citizens themselves choose to surrender a portion of their inherent authority. The citizens may chose to give, but the government cannot chose to take (or keep) authority against the wishes of its citizenry.”
Principles of the American Conservative Party
From our Principles, our Policy Issues will be derived:
FEDERALISM AND SOCIAL ISSUES
We reject the practice of using Government powers for any purpose of social engineering, and we uphold the principle that the individual is sovereign; where social conduct involves personal choices, the People are best served when those choices are embraced and defended at the family and community level.
AUTHORITY OF GOVERNMENT
· The citizens of the United States are the sole source of power and life of the United States Government. All powers and authority not explicitly given by the citizens to their representatives remain with the states or the people thereof.
· The United States Government has the authority and obligation to protect its citizens and their liberties from all actual and perceived threats regardless of the source, location or scope.
LIMITATIONS ON GOVERNMENT
· The federal legislature may make no law that abridges or limits the Constitutional rights of an individual.
· No state may abridge a citizen’s right to life, liberty, or property without due process of law.
· Property currently owned or controlled by the Government is held in Trust for the citizens
· Regardless of compensation, no property shall be forcibly taken by government for private use or profit.
· Any child, born of a citizen, shall have all the legal rights of a citizen born or naturalized into the United States.
· Persons who are not citizens or resident aliens of the United States have no right to petition or benefit from any agency of the government except for petition of entry or asylum.
· A child born in the United States to non-citizens is not a citizen.
· Each adult citizen is responsible for the health, education and welfare of himself or herself and their family.
· No adult citizen may call on the resources of another citizen or group of citizens without their explicit, expressed consent.
· No citizen or group of citizens, by expression of any character or physical trait, may call upon the resources, nor abridge the rights, of another citizen or group of citizens without their explicit, expressed consent.
· It is the responsibility of every citizen to participate in the political process.
Both of these Conservative Parties appear to be good alternatives if the GOP fails to live up to the base that will enable the return of a majority Republican Congress. I get the impression the Conservative Party USA is the better of the two so far because they seem to have a greater affinity for Christianity and an appreciation of the Social Conservative portion of the Tea Party Movement.
Much to the chagrin of my son I am still voting for Romney for President. Obama is that bad for America. However, if Romney goes out of his way to support the homosexual agenda and the murdering abortionist crowd, it will be the last time I vote Republican even if it means a Socialist Dem takes Office. Perhaps it will take the evil of Socialism to vote for a Conservative political party to get Conservative voters to leave the GOP if it fails this time around.
Here is the link my son pointed to me which is an article by Bryan Fischer at Renew America about Romney hiring homosexual activist Richard Grenell.
*****UPDATE AFTER COMPLETING MY THOUGHTS*****
Richard Grenell has resigned as Romney’s advisor for Foreign Policy and National Security. The Washington Post headline runs as follows: EXCLUSIVE: Richard Grenell hounded from Romney campaign by anti-gay conservatives.
It is not surprising that WaPo uses an invective like “hounded” in reference to Conservatives. It is my opinion I am not the only Conservative that was a bit miffed that Romney was affirming the homosexual agenda by hiring a homosexual activist like Grenell:
Richard Grenell, the openly gay spokesman recently hired to sharpen the foreign policy message of Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, has resigned in the wake of a full-court press by anti-gay conservatives.
In a statement obtained by Right Turn, Grenell says:
I have decided to resign from the Romney campaign as the Foreign Policy and National Security Spokesman. While I welcomed the challenge to confront President Obama’s foreign policy failures and weak leadership on the world stage, my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign. I want to thank Governor Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team.
According to sources familiar with the situation, Grenell decided to resign after being kept under wraps during a time when national security issues, including the president’s ad concerning Osama bin Laden, had emerged front and center in the campaign.
Pieces in two conservative publications, the National Review and Daily Caller, reflected the uproar by some social conservatives over the appointment. (WaPo article by Jennifer Rubin; 5/1/12 03:00 PM ET)
I am still cross posting the Renew America article for it is worth the read.
Please Support NCCR
Adam Houk intro thoughts:
Until we stop voting for people into office that are willing to change their values at the drop of a hat, we will always be getting these kinds of candidates to vote for. The only way to show the public that they are losing valuable votes is to put it on record by making a write in.
Email sent: 4/30/2012 4:12 PM