The first email is about Grover Norquist which apparently portrays an image of being a Conservative tax reformer but is pro-Radical-Islamic in his thinking. Followed by emails that demonstrate the evils of Obamacare AND will inform you the Republicans indeed had an alternative to it. Newbill then finishes with the enigmatic agency – Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) – writing about chips in the brain of soldiers and another Obama Executive Order to poor money into anti-Global Warming projects which includes further hampering of the coal industry rather than searching for ways to burn coal cleaner.
Man this Guy Needs to be Booted Out of Washington DC!!!!!!
Sent: 10/23/2013 12:45 PM
Who is Grover Norquist?
Who is Grover Norquist? Frank Gaffney and Daniel Greenfield explain.
Patients’ Choice Act (S. 1099) the Reid Ran Senator has NEVER ALLOWED THIS BILL TO COME TO THE SENATE FLOOR … EVER!!!!!
Sent: 10/28/2013 6:53 AM
You see, the Reid Ran Senator has NEVER ALLOWED THIS BILL TO COME TO THE SENATE FLOOR … EVER!!!!! And it makes way more sense than the ACA!!!!! [Blog Editor: The ACA is better known as Obamacare]
Patients’ Choice Act (S. 1099)
The health care system in America is broken. Costs are rising at an unacceptable rate—more than doubling over the last 10 years, which is nearly four times the rate of wage growth. Too many patients feel trapped by health care decisions dictated by insurers and HMOs. Too many doctors are torn between practicing medicine and practicing insurance. And some 47 million Americans worry what will happen to them or their children if they get sick.
As a physician, I am keenly aware that our country needs health care reform. I support comprehensive reform which would enable every American to enjoy health coverage, lower costs, increase patient choice, improve access and quality, and protect the patient-physician relationship.
Universal access to high quality health care is possible, and Americans are justified to expect it. We have the best doctors in the world…the best scientists in the world… the best hospitals in the world. Now America needs to build the best health care in the world. We need to empower patients, and reduce the power of government and insurance bureaucrats. Every American should be able to get the care they need.
We will move closest to this goal when we promote the same innovation and competition in health care that we see in every other American industry. America should achieve universal access in a way that puts individual Americans in charge of their own health care decisions. We need American solutions.
In May 2009, I introduced my own health care reform solution, the Patients’ Choice Act (S. 1099) which would accomplish these goals. The Patients’ Choice Act would put individuals in charge of their health care decisions and would increase access, affordability, and choice of health care plans. This proposal is a clear market-based reform that seeks to strengthen the relationship between the patient and the doctor.
Click here for a brief summary of S.1099, the Patients’ Choice Act.
Click here for a section-by-section version the Patients’ Choice Act.
Click here for a more comprehensive summary of the Patients’ Choice Act.
Click here to view the Patients’ Choice Act handout.
Click here for example scenarios of individual coverage under the Patients’ Choice Act.
Click here for an alternative to an Individual Mandate and auto-enrollment under the Patients’ Choice Act.
Click here for the Patients’ Choice Act Q & A’s section.
Let me briefly to highlight a few points:
• Americans save more money. The Patients’ Choice Act equalizes the tax treatment of health insurance and enables every American to buy health insurance with a tax credit, regardless of employment status, age, health condition or the resources to purchase health insurance. This means that about nine in 10 American households would see a tax cut, and for patients and families making under $250,000 annually, their health insurance premium costs would generally be lower. Employers would still be able to deduct from their taxes the cost of providing health insurance to their employees, but millions of Americans who do not currently receive health insurance would have real buying power.
• States offer solutions. The Patients’ Choice Act incentivizes states to establish State Exchanges, which would offer high-quality, affordable health insurance to all individuals, regardless of their employment status, age, health condition, or pre-existing conditions. Health insurance plans sold in a State Exchange would offer the high-quality health plans like Members of Congress receive.
• Seniors fare better. The Patients’ Choice Act protects seniors. Unlike some proposals being considered in Congress, my plan is not financed by arbitrary and drastic cuts to Medicare. As a practicing physician, I know how many seniors rely on Medicare and I am committed to reforming Medicare. My plan would significantly reduce the high rate of Medicare fraud compared to today’s practices. This policy change alone would improve Medicare’s solvency, ensure taxpayer dollars are not wasted, and help us keep our commitment to America’s seniors. My plan would also improve competition and value under Medicare Advantage, and allow seniors making healthy decisions to save more.
• No new spending, no new taxes. According to our estimates Patients’ Choice Act does not require new spending or new taxes. It is my intent to address our health care crisis my fixing incentivizes in the system and reallocating existing money. Americans already spend $2.4 trillion a year on health care, which means that we need to figure out ways to spend our health care dollars more effectively instead of drastically increasing spending. In fact, one independent estimate said my bill could save taxpayers $70 billion and ensure a majority of currently uninsured Americans.
• Transforms Medicaid to provide real coverage and care. The Patients’ Choice Act transforms Medicaid by building upon the innovations we have seen in a number of states. My plan would integrates low-income families with dependent children into higher quality private plans through a tax credit and direct financial assistance. Keeping families together within one provider network will foster coordinated, personalized care and promote innovative patient care models such as medical homes. My plan also maintains current law for benefit security and stable funding for individuals with disabilities but enables better care management. This would improve the health coverage and care for about 45 million Americans, and save taxpayers about $260 billion. States would save a lot as well: about $960 billion over 10 years!
• Invests in prevention and wellness. The Patients’ Choice Act invests in prevention and wellness for all Americans. Currently, five preventable chronic diseases cause two-thirds of American deaths and consume 75 percent of our total health expenditures each year. These chronic diseases are largely preventable. My plan’s investment in public health and disease prevention will help reduce health care costs and improve the quality of Americans’ lives.
• Less government control and no government-run plan. The Patients’ Choice Act increases patient control and decreases government control. I strongly oppose the creation of any new government-run health care plan. A government-run program would only compound existing problems, by giving taxpayer dollars to Washington bureaucrats who would wield undue control over Americans’ health care decisions. A new government health care plan would also mean that millions of Americans would lose their current health care. Furthermore, socialized governmental systems stay afloat by rationing care and letting people die before their time. Numerous studies, reports, and media have shown that necessary medical procedures are delayed far too long in countries where there is socialized medicine. A government-run plan is not the answer. A government-run plan would unfortunately operate with the compassion of the IRS and the efficiency of the federal Katrina response. It will not meet the basic needs of our citizens, reduce costs or improve outcomes, so I will continue to oppose it.
All Americans should have the ability to make their own health care decisions, see the doctor they want, and get the care they need. As a practicing physician and two-time cancer survivor, I support targeted, sensible health care reform which builds on what works and fixes what is broken. I will fight for solutions that strengthen the relationship between patients and doctors, solutions that put patients –not Washington bureaucrats – in charge of their health care decisions and provide common-sense solutions to our nation’s health care crisis. (Legislation & Issues – Health Care; Senator Tom Coburn MD; Coburn.Senate.gov)
And the FRAUD! Oh the Fraud within the Bureaucracy, oh could it be because of the ACCESS not of the SICK, but of those who look to EXPLOIT the System for their OWN personal WEALTH … that’s WHY Government is NOT the BEST Choice for Quality and AFFORDABILITY!!!!!!!
WATCH THIS AND LISTEN TO LEARN ABOUT THE WAY FRAUD WORKS!!!!!!
Disability USA: Dr. Coburn on 60 Minutes
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – Today, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Ranking Member Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK), Chairman Tom Carper (D-DE), Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations Chairman Carl Levin (D-MI) and Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations Ranking Member John McCain (R-AZ), released the findings of a two year investigation into a case study of abuses surrounding the approval process of Social Security Disability benefits. The report, entitled, “How Some Legal, Medical, and Judicial Professionals Abused Social Security Disability Programs for the Country’s Most Vulnerable: A Case Study of the Conn Law Firm,” details inappropriate conduct and collusion between a law firm, Social Security Law Judges and doctors in approving benefits, while outlining the inept agency oversight which allowed the misconduct to take place for years.
The investigation was led by Senator Coburn. The first year of the investigation was conducted by the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations when Senator Coburn was the Ranking Member there, prior to his becoming the Ranking Member of the full Committee. The Committee will hold a hearing today featuring the report entitled: “Social Security Disability Benefits: Did A Group of Judges, Doctors and Lawyers Abuse Programs for the Country’s Most Vulnerable?” on Monday, October 7, 2013, at 3 p.m. EST in room 342 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, D.C. The hearing will be broadcast on CSPAN 3.
“This report highlights the very problems Congress needs to focus on but too often ignores. In just two years, the Social Security Disability Trust Fund could be depleted. That means millions of disabled Americans will face benefit cuts while every American could see an increase in their payroll taxes. That is unacceptable. What is also outrageous, as this report details, is how well-heeled and well-connected lawyers, doctors, and judges have gamed the system for their own benefit. Every bogus claim made on behalf of someone who is not truly disabled robs taxpayers and denies or delays benefits for someone who is truly disabled. This is an enormous and urgent problem that should demand our immediate attention,” Ranking Member Coburn said, noting that a previous report on the disability program showed at least more than 25 percent of 300 disability cases reviewed contained errors or poor quality analysis.
“This investigative report details some very troubling occurrences within the Social Security disability review office in … (READ THE REST: Disability USA: Dr. Coburn on 60 Minutes; Coburn.Senate.gov; 10/7/13)
BUT NONE OF THIS REID WAS INTERESTED IN BECAUSE HIS PHONE LINE WAS BUSY WITH CALLS FROM THE CRONIES FEEDING OFF THE TAXPAYERS!!!!!!!!!!
President Obama admitting he wants a “Single Payer” Healthcare system
Sent: 11/1/2013 12:33 PM
Where was this in 2012 election????
Shocking Obama Videos Reveal Real Goal
In this collage of video clips, Obama states plainly, “I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer, universal health care plan. … Everyone in, nobody out.”
With a Political Agenda involved in a Fundamental Transformation what’s Possible????
Sent: 11/2/2013 12:33 PM
How do we know that those who commit heinous acts of crime are not being controlled by those who want Tyranny for Climate Control reasons???? Would you ever know if this guy or any that commit these types of crimes were implanted during an abduction that they wouldn’t even know happened???
The CIA has a Track Record of these kinds of activities and Being a Political arm of any Ideological Administration [that] would do anything to create the Change necessary to save the Earth right????
DARPA’s Spending $70 Million on a Brain Chip for Mentally Ill Soldiers
Picture this: In the near future, ten percent of our veterans could be walking around with chips implanted in their brains. These aren’t intended for some I, Robot-style takeover, but rather to treat conditions like PTSD and substance abuse. Sound crazy? DARPA only deals in crazy.
The Pentagon’s prodigal R&D lab just announced a $70 million project “to develop and apply therapies that incorporate near real-time recording, analysis and stimulation in next-generation devices inspired by current Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS).” That’s DARPA-speak for a brain chip, an implantable device that will help the military get a handle on its widespread mental health problem. The agency’s Systems-Based Neurotechnology for Emerging Therapies (SUBNETS) also seeks a better understanding of how these mental illnesses manifest themselves in the brain, and how … (READ THE REST: DARPA’s Spending $70 Million on a Brain Chip for Mentally Ill Soldiers; By Adam Clark Estes; Gizmodo; 10/25/13 6:20pm)
Obama orders government to prepare for impact of global warming
President Obama issued an executive order Friday directing a government-wide effort to boost preparation in states and local communities for the impact of global warming.
The action orders federal agencies to work with states to build “resilience” against major storms and other weather extremes. For example, the president’s order directs that infrastructure projects like bridges and flood control take into consideration climate conditions of the future, which might require building structures larger or stronger — and likely at a higher price tag.
“The impacts of climate change — including an increase in prolonged periods of excessively high temperatures, more heavy downpours, an increase in wildfires, more severe droughts, permafrost thawing, ocean acidification and sea-level rise — are already affecting communities, natural resources, ecosystems, economies and public health across the nation,” the presidential order said. “The federal government must build on recent progress and pursue new strategies to improve the nation’s preparedness and resilience.”
There’s no estimate of how much the additional planning will cost. Natural disasters including …
Mr. Obama has a goal of reducing U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by 17 percent by 2020, and the Environmental Protection Agency is working on rules that would impose tougher regulations on coal-burning power plants. But much of the president’s climate-change agenda has stalled in Congress, and the administration says the new order recognizes that global greenhouse gas emissions are still rising, making further damage from global warming inevitable.
At a speech at Georgetown University in June, Mr. Obama outlined executive actions he would … (READ ENTIRETY: Obama orders government to prepare for impact of global warming; By Dave Boyer; Washington Times; 11/1/13)
© Tony Newbill
Edited by John R. Houk